Classic Fish Pie
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Kieran Scott
Better than a bought one! A family favourite that is quick, easy and delicious. Recipe by Nicola Hudson
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 packet||Sealord Simply Natural Hoki Fillets|
|1 to taste||Fresh parsley|
|1 sheet||Flaky pastry|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Lightly sauté onion in butter, when slightly cooked add flour & mix, slowly add milk or fish stock until a smooth sauce forms then add chopped parsley & vegetables of your choice(peas, carrots, corn etc.)
- Lightly toss Sealord Simply Natural Hoki Fillets chopped into chunks in some olive oil until just turning white.
- Add the fish fillets to the sauce mixture and season with salt & pepper.
- Roll pre rolled pastry to size of baking dish.
- Place fish mixture in a baking dish, lightly brush edges with egg and milk mixture, place pastry on top and cut to size. Press down edges.
- Place 4 knife holes on top of pie, brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for approx 25mins or until pastry is golden brown.
Note: Any of the Sealord Simply Natural fish fillets is suitable for this recipe, try Hoki or Orange Roughy.
For more great Sealord recipes click here
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL