sealord - Classic Fish Pie
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Kieran Scott
Better than a bought one! A family favourite that is quick, easy and delicious. Recipe by Nicola Hudson
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 packet||Sealord Simply Natural Hoki Fillets|
|1 to taste||Fresh parsley|
|1 sheet||Flaky pastry|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Lightly sauté onion in butter, when slightly cooked add flour & mix, slowly add milk or fish stock until a smooth sauce forms then add chopped parsley & vegetables of your choice(peas, carrots, corn etc.)
- Lightly toss Sealord Simply Natural Hoki Fillets chopped into chunks in some olive oil until just turning white.
- Add the fish fillets to the sauce mixture and season with salt & pepper.
- Roll pre rolled pastry to size of baking dish.
- Place fish mixture in a baking dish, lightly brush edges with egg and milk mixture, place pastry on top and cut to size. Press down edges.
- Place 4 knife holes on top of pie, brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for approx 25mins or until pastry is golden brown.
Note: Any of the Sealord Simply Natural fish fillets is suitable for this recipe, try Hoki or Orange Roughy.
For more great Sealord recipes click here