Crunchy Lentil Crust for salmon or chicken
( SERVES 4 )
This is great on fish, excellent on salmon and could also be used on skinless chicken breasts. Makes enough for 4 fillets of fish.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Red lentils|
|1 cup||Mixed seeds|
|½ cup||Almond flour|
|1 to serve||Fresh coriander|
|1 to taste||Chilli|
|1 optional||Sun-dried tomatoes|
- Toast a cup of red lentils and another cup of mixed seeds and nuts - pumpkin, sunflower, cashew, peanuts, hazelnuts - whatever you like or have on hand.
- Pound the toasted ingredients with a mortar and pestle or pulse in a food mixer.
- Add half cup of almond flour to this mix, with finely chopped fresh coriander or parsley, chilli if you like, and maybe some finely chopped sundried tomatoes.
- You can add whatever herbs, spices or seasonings you fancy to the base mix.
- Mix everything into a paste by adding some oil of your choice, and then pat on to the top of your fish to form a thick crust.
- Cover in foil and bake until the fish is nearly cooked. Remove the foil and allow the crust to crisp up before serving.
- A squeeze of lemon or lime is all that is needed to add zing.