Slow roasted lamb neck chops
( SERVES 4 )
A recipe to feed your family for under $10. Scott Smithhead chef, Andiamo, Herne Bay.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|750 g||Lamb neck chops|
|2½ cm||Fresh ginger|
|3 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|2||Carrots, roughly chopped|
|2||Parsnips, roughly chopped|
|2||Potatoes, roughly chopped|
|1 can||Chopped tomatoes|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
|1 cup||Frozen corn|
|1 cube||Beef stock|
- Coat chops in flour, salt and pepper and brown in hot lightly-oiled pan. Remove chops to baking dish.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger in pan and add to baking dish with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients except peas and corn.
- Cover with foil and bake at 180 degC for 2 hours. Add peas and corn.
- Cover and bake for 10 more mins. Serve with rice.