Ham and parsley terrine
( SERVES 8 )
I love a good terrine and they are easier to make than most people would think. Spectacular to look at, they are also a great kitchen standby for unexpected guests.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 ml||Chicken stock|
|8||Gelatine, Gold strength leaves|
|1.2 kg||Ham on the bone, roughly chopped|
|1½ cups||Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped|
|2||Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed|
|3 tsp||White peppercorns|
|200 g||Salad greens|
|1 tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|50 ml||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 loaf||Ciabatta bread, sliced and lighlty toasted|
- Place chicken stock in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Place gelatine leaves into a bowl and cover with cold water to soften. Remove gelatine from bowl, squeezing out excess water and stir in to warm chicken stock until completely dissolved. Pour this stock into a large bowl and place in the refrigerator until completely cool but not starting to set.
- Remove bowl from the fridge and add ham, parsley, garlic and peppercorns and mix well to combine.
- Line a terrine mould with plastic wrap allowing enough to overhang the sides by about 5cm. Place ham terrine mix into the mould and cover with overlapping plastic wrap. Place terrine lid on top, place into the refrigerator and allow to set overnight.
- The following day remove terrine from the mould and slice into 1cm thick slices. Divide between 8 plates. Toss salad greens in a bowl with lemon juice, mustard and olive oil and place a little to the side of the terrine. Finish with a few cornichons and some toasted ciabatta and serve immediately.
Tip: Terrine can be sliced thinner and each piece cut into four and served as a canape on small pieces ofcrostini or fresh baguette with a little chutney and a small slice of cornichon. Terrine will keep for up to 10 days if kept well wrapped in the refrigerator. Also Check the strength of the gelatine sheets with retailer as different brands have different strengths which dictate the setting ability of the gelatine
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL