Parsnip and Bacon Soup
Parsnips make one of the most luxurious, warming winter soups ever. Keep it warm either in a thermos flask or re-heat it in the office microwave for a couple of minutes on high. I would keep the bacon and chives in a separate container, to add just before eating it.
|2 tbsp||Unsalted butter|
|1 Ltr||Chicken stock|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and cook the onion(chopped) and garlic(peeled and chopped) for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add the parsnips(peeled and chopped) and chicken stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, until the parsnips are very tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Blend the soup in small batches in a liquidiser until smooth, finally stirring in the cream and add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat the soup and stir in the chopped chives and bacon rashers(cooked and chopped).
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL