Roast Fish with Potato and Cucumber Salad, Preserved Lemon and Yoghurt
( SERVES 4 )
The piquant flavour of preserved lemon keeps this salad refreshing. The simple dressing is made by mixing the cooking juices left in the roasting dish with a splash of red wine vinegar.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||New potatoes|
|1 splash||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|6 sprigs||Fresh thyme|
|1 tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|4||Fish fillets, 180g/fillet|
|1 handful||Fresh fennel|
|1||Preserved lemon, with oil|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Wash the potatoes then slice into 5mm-thick slices and place in a bowl. Splash with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Strip the leaves from the thyme, toss through the potatoes and tip into a roasting dish. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the vinegar and season with a touch of salt. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and tuck the fish fillets among the potatoes.
- Spoon some dressing over the fish.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into 2cm pieces, place in a bowl, chop the fennel and toss together.
- Wash the preserved lemon, discard the soft innards, finely chop the skin and add to the other ingredients with some of the oil.
- Add the potatoes and any pan juices. Mix well, then divide between 4 plates, top with the fish and serve with a tablespoon of yoghurt.