Pocketed lamb rump
( SERVES 4 )
These Italian-inspired stuffed lamb rumps are even more delicious when served with Roast Fennel with Orange Butter.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Kalamata olives|
|1 tbsp||Fresh sage|
|2 tbsp||Fresh Italian parsley|
|2 cloves||Garlic cloves|
|½ tsp||Black pepper - ground|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|½ cup||Red wine|
- Lay lamb rumps on your chopping board and, with end of a sharp knife, make a horizontal pocket into each rump.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except oil, brown sugar and red wine, in a bowl and divide into four.
- Push the stuffing into each pocket with your hand and secure the opening with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pan and sear the rumps on both sides.
- Place in 200 degC preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on a warm plate and leave to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with brown sugar and red wine.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL