Smoked Fish Fritters with Aioli and Lemon
( SERVES 2 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 pinch||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|250 g||Smoked fish|
|2 tbsp||Fresh parsley|
|150 ml||Olive oil|
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Flake the fish.
- Mix the yolk of 2 eggs with the milk and stir into the flour. Add most of the smoked fish (keep some aside to flake over the aioli) and all the parsley.
- Whisk the whites of two eggs until stiff, then fold gently into the batter. Set it aside while you make the aioli.
- Whisk the yolk of 1 egg until pale, then whisk in the juice of 1/4 of the lemon and garlic.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil, stir in the breadcrumbs and taste for salt. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry spoonfuls of batter to a golden brown on each side.
- Transfer to 2 warm serving plates and spoon the aioli over them.
- Top the aioli with the remaining fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL