Creamy Vegetarian Curry
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by iStock
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Curry powder|
|1 tsp||Garam masala|
|3 tbsp||Canola oil|
|1 tsp||Crushed garlic|
|1 tsp||Root ginger|
|1 tsp||Tomato paste|
|2 cups||Frozen peas|
|400 g||Canned tomatoes|
- Place curry powder and garam masala in a heavy frying pan. Heat until slightly darkened.
- Remove from pan. Heat two tablespoons of the oil in pan.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 2cm cubes. Add to pan with the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Push to one side.
- Add remaining oil, garlic, ginger and tomato paste. Stir well. Add the curry mixture, stir, then add the cauliflower and peas.
- Cook for two minutes then add the diced tomatoes and drained chick peas. Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and heat through.