Pea, prawn and noodle stir-fry
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|300 g||Egg noodles|
|20||King prawns, peeled but tails intact, deveined|
|3 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 cup||Sugar-snap peas, trimmed|
|1 bunch||Spring onion, roughly chopped|
|1 cup||Fresh peas|
|½ cup||Pea shoots, use blue pea shoots if available|
|¼ cup||Light soy sauce|
|¼ cup||Tamarind concentrate|
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes or according to packet instructions until just tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large fryingpan and stir-fry prawns in a little sesame oil for 2-3 minutes to cook.
- Remove to one side. Add vegetables to the pan and stir-fry with remaining sesame oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Return prawns to the pan with the vegetables.
- Add the noodles, soy sauce (you may need to add more to taste) and tamarind and toss well over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until liquid has reduced and all ingredients are hot.
- Serve immediately.