Almost Caesar Salad
If you have a few crunchy lettuce leaves, an egg and some grating cheese, you can toss together this nourishing salad.
|1 dash||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 handfuls||Iceberg lettuce|
|1 cup||Cheddar cheese|
|2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese|
|6 slices||French stick|
|1 to drizzle||Oil|
- First, make the dressing. Boil the egg for 2 minutes, drain and cool under the cold tap.
- Hold the egg over a small bowl, crack in half and scoop out the runny yolk and partly cooked white.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk lightly with a fork to break up the egg.
- To make the salad, tear or slice the lettuce and put in a large bowl with the grated cheese and finelt sliced spring onions(or a handful of chives).
- Fry the slices of bread in oil until golden brown on both sides. Drain on a paper towel and place towards the side of 2 lunch plates. Add the dressing to the salad and toss.
- Divide between the plates, allowing some of the salad to fall onto the fried bread to moisten it. Eat immediately.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL