Yoghurt-baked Fish with Walnut–herb Crumbs
( SERVES 6 )
In the following recipe seek a thick bio-organic plain yoghurt or an unsweetened Greek-style yoghurt. Select a firm white fish that becomes succulent and tender as it cooks. I had great success with hapuku (groper).
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Natural yoghurt|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Lightly butter a baking dish that’s just large enough to fit the fish comfortably.
- To make the walnut-herb crumbs, combine the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. To make the sauce, whisk the yogurt with the cornflour and egg. Stir in the shallot, chives, juice of half a lime and oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Remove any stray bones from the fish, then cut the fillet into 6 even pieces. Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper and arrange in the baking dish. Pour the sauce over the fish. Pack a generous layer of the walnut-herb crumbs on top of each piece of fish. Season lightly again and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden and crunchy and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your choice of rice and fresh herbs.