Green beans, lamb and toasted pine nut dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Make the most of spring lamb and New Zealand oranges with this light, colourful salad.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 dash||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|300 g||Green beans|
|50 g||Pine nuts|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat an ovenproof frying pan. Season the lamb and turn in enough olive oil to coat. Sear in the pan on all sides then transfer to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Let rest until ready to slice.
- Peel the oranges with a sharp knife and segment.
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water for approximately 4 minutes depending on the size, or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water.
- Snip the chives with scissors.
- Toast the pine nuts in a fry pan over medium heat until golden, let cool. Place in a mortar and pestle or use a small food processer. Grind to a paste then slowly add 2 tablespoons of olive oil until combined then add the lemon juice.
- Slice the lamb and arrange with the orange segments, beans and red onion, then spoon over the dressing and sprinkle over the chives.