Rose-petal meringue with summer berries and strawberry sauce
|300 g||Caster sugar|
|1 tbsp||Dried rose petals|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC and line a flat baking sheet with non-stick baking paper. Using an electric beater, whip the egg whites until firm, then whisk in the sugar.
- Fold in the cornflour and rose petals and place large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- If they brown too much, open the oven door and turn down the heat. When the meringue tops are crisp, remove them from the oven and leave to cool.
To prepare the sauce:
- Purée the strawberries and lime juice in a blender. If the flavour is too sharp, add a little icing sugar.
- Whip the cream until it looks like soft, billowing clouds and can barely hold its shape. Mix the berries in a bowl. Place a meringue on each plate with a pile of cream next to it. Scatter the berries over the cream, then pour over the sauce.