Rasberry semifreddo with ginger biscuits
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|100 g||Self raising flour|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|½ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|50 g||Unsalted butter|
|3 tbsp||Golden syrup|
- Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap, leaving it hanging over the sides. In a food processor, blend the raspberries(200g), icing sugar and water. Strain the purée into a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then add the sugar and resume whisking back to stiff peaks - about 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully fold the raspberry sauce and lemon zest into the whipped cream. Fold the cream into the egg whites with a metal spoon. Pour the mixture into the tin, fold the plastic wrap over to cover and freeze overnight.
- Turn out the semifreddo, cut into slices and serve with the ginger biscuits and a bowl of raspberries.
To prepare Ginger Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Grease and flour a baking sheet. Sift the dry ingredients together and add the sugar.
- Melt the butter, add the golden syrup and combine with the dry ingredients to form a smooth dough.
- Place tablespoonfuls or walnut-sized pieces of dough on the baking sheet about 5cm apart and flatten slightly. Bake until they are golden brown with crisp edges - 12-15 minutes. The centre will be slightly soft. Cool on a wire rack.