Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish
( SERVES 18 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Fish fillets|
|4||Vietnamese mint leaves|
|2||Kaffir lime leaves|
|2 tsp||Lemon juice|
- Cut the fish coarsely and place in a food processor with spring onions, herbs(finely chopped), juice, chilli, ginger, garlic and salt.
- Process items to combine. Add egg and lightly process. Using clean hands, shape tablespoonfuls into patties.
- Place patties on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavours to infuse.
- Shallow-fry or deep-fry fish cakes in peanut oil until browned and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with cucumber relish or sweet chilli dipping sauce.
To prepare Cucumber Relish :
- Boil sugar and vinegar together.
- Remove from heat. Cool. Mix with cucumber.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving.