Fig and prosciutto sandwiches
Photo by iStock
Figs range in colour from purple-black to almost white and in shape from round to oval. Use as soon after picking as possible with prosciutto or strong cheeses, or drizzled with balsamic or pomegranate glaze and served with whipped cream.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|8 slices||Wholemeal sandwich bread|
|50 g||Cream cheese|
|1 tsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Lightly spread the bread with the cream cheese or goat's cheese.
- Fold prosciutto and arrange over four of the slices.
- Peel the figs if the skin is tough. Thinly slice. Arrange on top of the prosciutto.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and oil. Season. Drizzle over the figs.
- Scatter with the rocket leaves and top with the remaining bread slices.
- Slice off the crusts and cut each sandwich into three to four fingers.