Cafe cheese rolls
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by iStock
This recipe is a version of the cheese rolls served in coffee bars during the 70s.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|8 slices||White sliced sandwich bread|
|1 cup||Tasty cheese|
- Cut crusts of bread and spread each slice with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and finely chopped spring onion.
- Roll up as for a sponge roll. Secure with a toothpick.
- Lightly brush with butter or oil.
- Grill until lightly toasted, turning once during cooking.
Tip: Can use whole grain sandwich bread instead of white.