Use a wok to fry these spicy, battered, vegetable snacks. Heat the oil until a faint haze rises.
|1 cup||Besan (chickpea flour)|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|½ tsp||Chilli powder|
|¾ tsp||Baking powder|
- Finely slice all the veges and grate the carrot.
- Sift flour into a bowl with spices and baking powder.
- Add onion and enough water to make to make a moderately thick batter.
- Add veges just before frying.
- Heat about 3cm oil in a wok.
- Take dessert spoons of the vege mixture and deep-fry quickly to prevent the pakoras absorbing too much oil.
- Drain on paper and keep warm while preparing the remaining pakoras.
Tip: You can substitute chickpea flour for plain flour. Yoghurt combined with finely chopped mint makes a great accompanying dip.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL