Tamarillo, Apple and Banana Chutney
Malt vinegar is brewed from malted barley has been in Kiwi pantries for generations but definitely still has a place in pickles and chutneys as it provides great background flavour.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Granny smith apples|
|4 cups||Brown sugar|
|3 cups||Malt vinegar|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 tsp||Chilli powder|
- Peel and chop the tamarillos, chop and pit the dates and dice the banana.
- add all the ingredients to a saucepan.
- Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on very low heat - remembering to stir often - for one to one and a half hours, or until thick.
- Cool before storing in sterilised jars and sealing.