Balsamic onion marmalade
Photo by iStock
Sweet onion marmalade is lovely in sandwiches and will liven up any cold meat or salad.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 cup||Red wine|
|5 tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Mustard seeds|
|½ tsp||White ground pepper|
- Heat the oil on low in a heavy saucepan.
- Finely slice the onions and add, saute until cooked but not browned.
- Add the vinegar, red wine, sugar, mustard seeds, salt and pepper. Simmer for five minutes.
- Cook over low heat until it thickens like a marmalade. Be careful the jam does not stick and burn on the base.
- Cool then cover and refrigerate. Can be stored for up to one week.