Bacon and vegetable stack
( SERVES 2 )
Stacks are a creative way to eat your greens. Packed with nutritious vegetables and a tang of cheese, everyone will love them.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 slices||Ciabatta bread|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 slices||Haloumi cheese|
|1 garnish||Fresh mixed herbs|
- Lightly toast the bread slices and place in the centre of two serving plates.
- Microwave or grill the bacon, until crisp.
- Halve and seed the green pepper, slice the tomato into four rounds.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms. Toss the vegetables with a little oil then char-grill.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the cheese for about 40 seconds on each side.
- Place one slice of the cheese on each slice of bread, then stack alternately with the bacon and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Serve immediately.
Great drizzled with a little lemon juice. Can substitute ciabatta for focaccia bread.