Prawn and corn chowder with bacon
( SERVES 6 )
Bacon adds flavour to chowder as well as making an attractive garnish.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|3 cups||Whole kernel sweetcorn|
|½ tsp||Lemon pepper|
|½ tsp||Dry mixed herbs|
|500 g||Raw prawn cutlets|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Dice the bacon and saute until crisp. Remove to one side.
- Place the thawed corn in a food processor and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Cut the spring onions into green and white lengths. Thinly slice both.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and add with the white strips of spring onions to the saucepan.
- Saute until the onions are tender.
- Add the milk, seasonings, corn and water. Simmer, stirring often, for about 12 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the prawns and green spring onion strips and heat gently until the prawns turn just opaque.
- Serve topped with the bacon.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL