Glazed meatloaf with rolled oats & herbs
Rolled oats make a nutritious substitute for breadcrumbs in meatloaves and meatballs.
|1 kg||Minced raw beef|
|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|2 tsp||Fresh thyme|
|2 tsp||Sage leaves|
|2 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|¼ cup||Flat leaf parsley|
|¼ cup||Barbecue sauce|
|¼ cup||Maple syrup|
|2 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Dice onion and chop herbs.
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf, mixing well.
- Pat into a loaf pan then upturn into a small roasting pan.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze. Brush over the loaf.
- Bake for about an hour, basting once.
Can substitute maple syrup for pomegranite syrup.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL