Easy apple chutney
Photo by iStock
|1 tbsp||Ground ginger|
|1 tbsp||Mixed spice|
|2 cups||Malt vinegar|
- Core and chop apples, they do not need peeling,Dice onion.
- Place ingredients in a large stainless steel saucepan, smoked or plain paprika can be used.
- Slowly bring to boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer on low heat for one-and-a-half hours, stirring occasionally to prevent chutney from sticking.
- When thick - you should be able to pull a spoon through mixture that leaves a channel that does not immediately fill with liquid - pour into hot, sterilised jars to the top.
- Seal and cool.
Best left for several weeks before enjoying.