Crusty Penne & Broccoli
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Jan Bilton
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Penne pasta|
|2 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|150 g||Sour cream|
|100 g||Cheddar cheese|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese|
|½ tsp||Dry mixed herbs|
- Cook pasta - together with onion - according to packet instructions.
- Add broccoli florets during last three minutes of cooking.
- Drain, reserving about one-and-a-half cups of cooking water.
- Return water to saucepan. Add stock cube and cornflour and whisk to dissolve.
- Whisk in mustard and sour cream. Bring to boil.
- Stir in pasta and vegetables, grated cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan. Grill until golden.
A diced red pepper can also be added to the mixture before baking. Cheddar cheese can be substituted with Blue Vein.