Tamarillo and Apple Crumble
( SERVES 4 )
The taste of tamarillos can add something special to almost any dish. Jan Bilton's Tamarillo Cookbook clearly establishes the tamarillo as one of the most versatile fruits available.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|¼ cup||Wholemeal flour|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Combine all ingredients for topping and place to one side.
- Slice four tamarillos and combine with the apples, sugar and custard powder.
- Place in a 20-23cm baking dish. Press topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Halve remaining tamarillos lengthwise leaving stalks on if possible.
- Place on top of crumble. Continue baking for 20 minutes, until cooked and bubbling.
Tip: Great with cream or icecream.