Chicken Breasts with Tomato Salsa
( SERVES 4 )
If the sun's out, it's an ideal time to fire up the barbecue. But if the weather packs a surprise, this chicken recipe is just as good cooked indoors.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Flat leaf parsley|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
- Rinse the skinned and boned chicken breasts and patted dry.
- Put chicken in a shallow dish and pour 2 tablespoons of the oil over the top. Grind on a little black pepper and add the thyme. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring chicken breasts to room temperature before cooking.
- Barbecue the meat on a preheated oiled hotplate over medium heat until golden and cooked through. Don't let the plate get too hot or the meat will dry out and become stringy. Alternatively, cook the chicken breasts in a little hot oil over a medium heat in a ridged grill pan.
- Season with salt and transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing the well-drained tomatoes with the garlic, coarsely chopped parsley, oil, drained capers and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and plenty of pepper. Spoon the salsa over the chicken and serve immediately.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL