Kumara coffee praline cakes
|150 g||Caster sugar, (plus extra for the praline)|
|200 g||Kumara, (peeled and grated)|
|100 g||Ground almonds|
|100 g||Rice flour|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|3 tbsp||Espresso coffee, (plus extra for icing)|
|50 g||Butter, (softened)|
|200 g||Icing sugar, (sifted)|
|3 tsp||Espresso coffee|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Blanched almonds|
- Preheat oven to 170 degC. Grease a 12 hole muffin tray or line with paper cases.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until pale. Fold in the kumara and ground almonds. Sift rice flour, baking powder and salt together and fold in with the espresso.
- Spoon in the tins, leaving a centimetre for rising then bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops spring back.
- To make the icing: whisk the butter until fluffy and pale then add half the icing sugar with the mascarpone.
- Whisk then add the remaining icing sugar and espresso and beat until smooth. Ice the cooled cakes and top with praline.
- To make the praline; melt the sugar in a warm pan. When golden add the almonds, quickly stir, then tip on a lightly greased tray. Leave to set then either chop or pulse in a food processor.