Lemon semolina syrup cake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Butter, (softened)|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|1 tbsp||Lemon, (zest of)|
|200 g||Plain unsweetened yoghurt, (thick)|
|½ cup||Semolina flour|
|2½ cups||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Liquid honey|
|3 tbsp||Mint leaves, (shredded)|
|3 tbsp||Lemons, (zest of)|
|½ cup||Lemon juice|
|1 to serve||Cream, (or yoghurt to serve)|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Grease the tin and line the base.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the lemon juice and zest then fold in the yoghurt.
- Combine the semolina and flour and fold in. Pour into the tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Test with a skewer. Turn out on to a rack and cool.
- To make the syrup; simmer all the ingredients together for 5 minutes then remove the cinnamon stick.
- Prick the surface of the cake with a skewer and spoon over the syrup, arranging the mint and lemon. Serve with cream or yoghurt.