Chocolate almond cake
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 g||Dark chocolate, chopped|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1½ cups||Ground almonds|
- Preheat oven to 170 degC. Grease and lightly flour a cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir gently until the chocolate becomes smooth.
- Cream the butter ,sugar and vanilla until pale.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time with a spoonful of chocolate. Fold gently after each addition until the chocolate has been used.
- Whisk the egg whites to a soft peak.
- Sift the cocoa and ground almonds together. Fold all ingredients together.
- Spoon into the baking tin and cook for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer is removed clean.