Rice noodles, shitake, fried tofu, sesame and soy
( SERVES 4 )
By substituting the fish sauce for salt, and the chicken stock for vegetable stock, this delicious meal becomes a great vegan option.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Rice noodles|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|200 g||Tofu, soft, cut into small squares|
|200 g||Shiitake mushrooms, sliced, preferably fresh but if dried reconstitute in boiling water until soft then drain|
|1 tbsp||Fish sauce|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 tsp||Chilli oil|
|2 tsp||Palm sugar, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Sesame seeds, toasted|
|1 handful||Mint leaves, shredded, to serve|
|4 slices||Limes, to serve|
- Pour boiling water over the rice noodle and soak for 15 minutes until soft. Drain in cold water and cut into 10cm lengths.
- Heat a fry pan or wok then add the oil and when hot add the tofu and fry until golden on all sides. Remove and let drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, while stirring, for approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the fish sauce, chicken stock, soy sauce, chilli oil and palm sugar. Add the noodles then toss together gently for for 5 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls topped with toasted sesame seeds, fresh mint and wedges of lime.