Cherry and kirsch clafoutis
|3 cups||Fresh cherries, (or use tinned cherries that have been drained)|
|1 tsp||Lemon, (finely grated zest of)|
|1 tbsp||Butter, (softened)|
|1 cup||Whole milk|
|0.3 cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|1 to serve||Icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Combine the cherries, kirsch and lemon and let stand for a 1/2 hour.
- Grease a 20cm round baking dish with the softened butter.
- Place the milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour into a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into the dish then spoon over the cherries and juice.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until puffed and golden. Dust liberally with icing sugar, serve hot.