Corn and pumpkin seed fritters with bacon
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 can||Corn kernels|
|1 handful||Fresh parsley|
|¼ cup||Pumpkin seeds|
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 to serve||Bacon|
|1 to serve||Tomato sauce|
- Drain a can of corn kernels.
- Finely chop a red onion and some parsley from the garden.
- In a large bowl mix the above with pumpkin seeds, a cup of plain flour, 2 eggs and a teaspoon of baking powder. Season well.
- We cooked some bacon in a pan, then put it into the oven to crisp.
- Add a little vegetable oil to the bacon fat left over from cooking.
- Cook spoonfuls of the fritter mix. Don't overcrowd the pan. Sit the fritters on paper towels to drain and keep them warm in the oven.
- Serve with the bacon and tomato sauce.