Crepes parmentier with cured salmon and creme fraiche
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Salmon, fillet, pin bones removed|
|2 cloves||Garlic, finely sliced|
|200 g||White sugar|
|200 g||Salt, (rock salt)|
|500 g||Agria potatoes|
|2 tbsp||Plain flour|
|2||Eggs, whites, whisked|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1||Creme fraiche, to serve|
- To cure the salmon; place the salmon on a board. Combine the remaining ingredients then massage into the salmon.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and put into a dish. Place weights on top and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, then turn over and repeat.
- Brush off the excess salt if preferred then slice very thinly on an angle; you will need a very sharp knife and you need to leave the skin behind.
- To make the crepes; steam the potatoes until soft then either put through a mouli or push through a sieve. Leave to cool.
- Mix all the other ingredients and fold into the potato mix. Heat a fry pan and add a little butter then cool the crepes in small spoonfuls, approximately four to a pan (pikelet size but crepe consistency).When the top of each looks almost set, turn over and cook until golden.
- Serve the crepes in a stack with salmon and creme fraiche layered between.