Oatmeal raisin and spice
( SERVES 24 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|150 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||White sugar|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Orange, zest|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|⅔ cup||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
|3 cups||Rolled oats|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Grease or line two baking trays.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together with the orange zest and vanilla until pale.
- Add the egg and beat well. Beat in the water.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking soda. Mix into the egg mixture.
- Add the oats and raisins then form into cookies with wet hands and place on trays, leaving room between for spreading. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until they are golden.
- These biscuits should be a little soft in the centre so they remain chewy once cold. Let cool slightly on the trays before transferring to a cooling rack.