Shredded chicken salad
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|600 g||Boneless chicken thighs, (skinless)|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 tsp||Ginger, (chopped)|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, (sliced)|
|2 cups||Chicken stock|
|2 tsp||Lemongrass, (finely chopped)|
|½||Telegraph cucumber, (or 2 lebanese)|
|¼ cup||Soy sauce|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|3 tsp||Sesame seeds, (toasted)|
|1||Red chilli, (deseeded and finely sliced)|
|½ tsp||Caster sugar|
|¼ tsp||White pepper|
|3 tsp||Peanut oil|
|⅓ cup||Fresh coriander|
|1 to serve||Lime|
- Put the chicken into a saucepan with the soy, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, stock and lemongrass.
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Let cool before removing the chicken from the liquid. Shred and set aside.
- Shred, grate or finely slice the peeled, carrots. Repeat with the cucumber, leaving the skin on.
- Peel the beetroot and repeat but keep separate.
- Make the dressing by combining the ingredients. Combine the chicken, carrots and cucumber.
- Pour the dressing over both the chicken mix and the beetroot. Leave for 15 minutes before plating, being careful adding the beetroot so the colour doesn't bleed through the entire salad. Serve the salad with quartered limes.