Persimmon steamed pudding with coconut anglaise
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Crystallised ginger, finely sliced|
|1||Lemon, zested and juiced|
|150 g||Butter, softened|
|150 g||Caster sugar|
|250 g||Self raising flour|
|2 tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp||Desiccated coconut, lightly toasted|
- Grease a 1 litre steamed pudding bowl.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Peel and slice the persimmons. Add to the butter with the ginger, zest and juice. Cook gently until the persimmons have started to soften. Spoon into the bottom of the pudding bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar until very pale. Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Fold the flour and salt in with the milk then spoon over the persimmons. Cover with baking paper and secure (if the bowl doesn't have a screw-on lid). Steam in a large saucepan with enough water to come two-thirds up the side. Steam for 1 1/2 hours, serve hot with custard.
- To make the custard; whisk the yolks, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Boil the milk and whisk into the eggs and sugar then pour into a heavy based saucepan. Stir gently without boiling until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in coconut.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL