13 herbs and spices chicken
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Vegetable oil|
|1 tsp||Dried oregano|
|1 tsp||Ground sage|
|1 tsp||Dried thyme|
|1 tsp||Mustard powder|
|1 tsp||White pepper|
|1 tsp||Black pepper - ground|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 pinch||Chicken stock, powder|
|1 cup||Potato flour|
|3||Eggs, whites only, beaten|
|2||Chicken breasts, skinless, boneless and cut in half lengthwise|
|2||Chicken legs, cut into thigh and drumstick|
- For the herbs and spices: Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan, add oregano, parsley, sage and thyme and fry until crisp. Drain and cool herbs.
- When cool, grind in a mortar and pestle.
- Place herbs in a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- For the chicken: Preheat oven to 165 degC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place potato flour and cornflour in a bowl. 3 Whisk egg whites and water together.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white mixture, then roll in flour and then spice mixture.
- Place on baking tray. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL