Creamed kumara with mussels and lime
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, (sliced)|
|½ tbsp||Fresh ginger, (peeled and finely sliced)|
|2 tsp||Fish sauce|
|3 tsp||Chilli sauce|
|700 g||Mussels, (steamed and chopped, reserve some to garnish)|
|200 g||Orange kumara, (peeled and diced)|
|1 Ltr||Fish stock|
|¼ cup||White wine|
|1 to serve||Lime|
- Heat the oil in a heavy based soup pot, add the garlic and ginger. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and carrot then stir for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the fish sauce and chilli sauce.
- Add the mussels, kumara, stock, wine and cream.
- Simmer gently for approximately 30 minutes or until the kumara is soft.
- Puree half of the soup then combine with the rest before serving with chopped mussels on the top, a little chilli and fresh lime.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL