Coconut ginger sponge cakes with mango
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|60 g||Butter, (melted)|
|3 tsp||Fresh ginger, (finely chopped)|
|1 to serve||Mango|
|3 tbsp||Coconut cream|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Grease the tins or spray with oil.
- Beat the eggs with the salt and sugar until pale and thick.
- Fold in the flour, coconut, melted butter and ginger.
- Pour into the moulds then bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops spring back when gently touched.
- Leave to cool before serving with fresh mango slices and a spoonful of thick coconut cream mixed with the vanilla.