Autumn vegetable, blue cheese and thyme pie
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper, to season|
|½ cup||Pumpkin, diced|
|¼ cup||Parsnip, diced|
|¼ cup||Carrot, diced|
|100 g||Green beans, diced|
|3 tsp||Fresh thyme|
|200 g||Blue cheese|
|250 g||Plain flour|
|150 ml||Water, iced, whisked with 2 tsp lemon juice|
|300 g||Butter, cold, cut into cubes|
- To make the filling, saute the ingredients - except the blue cheese - over a medium heat for 30 minutes or until golden and soft. Season and set aside.
- To make the pastry, mix the flour, salt, water and lemon juice into a dough. Knead until it feels elastic then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out into a rectangle. Place cubes of butter onto the pastry then fold and roll.
- Repeat this process three times before leaving the pastry to rest for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line pie tins or use a plate to form one large pie.
- Place the filling into the centre, top with blue cheese then brush with eggwash before topping with pastry. Brush again then bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL