Oregano, garlic and mustard sausage rolls
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 kg||Pork mince|
|1 kg||Sausage meat|
|1 tbsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|2 cloves||Garlic, (minced)|
|2 tsp||Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp||Fresh oregano, (chopped)|
|2 tbsp||Pine nuts, (toasted and finely chopped)|
- To make the filling, combine all the ingredients with your hands until well mixed.
- To make the pastry, sift the flour into a bowl. Rub in the butter with the salt until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Lightly mix in the water with your fingertips until the pastry starts to bind. Knead gently for a minute or two then leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Grease or line an oven tray.
- Roll out the pastry then lay the filling in an even row closest to you before rolling.
- Use the eggwash to seal and also brush the top before baking for 25 minutes or until golden.