Braised mushroom, beef, beetroot and greens with chilli
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|400 g||Beef sirloin|
|400 g||Portobello mushrooms|
|500 g||Spinach leaves|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1||Red chilli, deseeded and sliced|
|1||Red pepper, roasted and deseeded, chopped|
|2||Tomatoes, roasted and deseeded, chopped|
|3||Anchovies, finely sliced|
|½ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients then let rest for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to develop.
- Peel and slice the beetroot into thin rounds. Season.
- Heat a fry pan then add the olive oil and cook the beetroot for 1 minute on each side, remove from the pan.
- Add the sirloin to the hot pan, season well and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the hot pan, season then cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and let wilt.
- Serve the beetroot, sirloin, mushrooms and spinach layered with the dressing.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL