Fresh fig, crisp bacon and kale
|1 tbsp||Walnut oil, (or hazelnut oil)|
|8||Bacon rashers, (of the best quality, hopefully free rage-bacon you can afford)|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
- Heat a pan then add the walnut or hazelnut oil.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp then remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Add the olive oil to the pan. When hot, add the quartered figs to the pan, flesh side down and sear for 1 minute to caramelise.
- Remove the figs and keep warm while adding the kale to the hot pan with the cider. Stir for two minutes or until tender.
- Arrange the figs and bacon on a platter with the kale and pan juices.