Salmon cakes, dill and lime aioli, micro greens
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Salmon, cooked|
|1 cup||Potato, or kumara, mashed|
|1||Spring onion, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
|1||Lemon, finely zested|
|2 tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1½ cups||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|1 tbsp||Rice bran oil, or light olive oil, to fry|
|1 handful||Micro greens, to serve|
|1 tbsp||Fresh dill|
|2||Limes, finely zested and juiced|
|1.66 cups||Olive oil, light|
- To make the salmon cake mix; combine in a large bowl - the salmon, kumara or potato, onion, parsley, lemon zest, mustard and seasoning.
- With wet hands, form the cakes into the required size.
- Beat the eggs with the milk then dip the cakes a few at a time, making sure to coat them well.
- Coat with breadcrumbs. Heat a large pan and lightly fry each cake until golden on both sides. Preheat the oven to 80C to keep warm if needed.
- To make the aioli; put the garlic, salt, dill and lime zest into a mortar and pestle or into the bowl of a food processor then puree.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, then drizzle in the oil until a thick paste is created. Add the lime juice and stir. A little boiling water can be added if you prefer a thinner aioli.
- Serve the salmon cakes with the lime and dill aioli, a scattering of micro greens and a drizzle of olive oil.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL