Gluten-free chocolate and almond brownie
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Caster sugar|
|3 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1 cup||Dutch cocoa powder|
|¾ tsp||Baking powder, (gluten free)|
|1¼ cups||Rice flour|
|¼ cup||Slivered almonds|
|½ cup||Dark chocolate, (chopped, plus an extra half a cup to add after baking)|
|1 to serve||Whipped cream, (softly whipped)|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Melt the butter in a saucepan then stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Sift the cocoa, baking powder, salt and rice flour together.
- Add to the egg and butter mixture with the almonds and chocolate.
- Pour into the prepared slice tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the centre is slightly firm to the touch.
- Let cool before slicing and topping with slivers of chocolate. Serve with cream.