Stuffed eggs and toasted asparagus rolls - party food!
Old favourites never fail to please. People love the retro taste of asparagus rolls, club sandwiches, little sausage rolls and stuffed eggs.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|2 tbsp||Chives, chopped, or use parsley|
|1||Spring onion, cut into fine strips|
The stuffed eggs
- Boil eggs to hard cook them then cool them down under running cold water.
- Shell the eggs and cut lengthwise. Separate the two white sides and remove the yolk.
- Mash the yolks with mayonnaise, curry powder and some chopped chives or parsley.
- Fill the white hollows with this mix and garnish with some fine strips of spring onion green that you have soaked in iced water to make it curl.
The toasted asparagus rolls
- Drain a can of asparagus and spread the spears across a paper towel to dry.
- Remove crusts from white sandwich bread.
- Melt butter. Roll shaved ham (or prosciutto if you want to be flash) around the asparagus spears.
- Lay out the crustless bread on the bench and brush with the melted butter.
- Roll the ham/asparagus spears in the bread. Brush the outside of the roll with melted butter. Cut each roll in two.
- Place on a baking tray and toast off in a moderate oven till browned and crispy. Serve warm.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL