Vermicelli with clams and ponzu
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 ml||White wine|
|1||Baby onion, (sliced)|
|1 tsp||Coriander seeds, (crushed)|
|1 to serve||Fresh coriander|
|500 ml||Soy sauce|
|½ cup||Rice wine vinegar|
|1 cup||Lemon juice|
|25 g||Dried bonito flakes, (plus extra to serve with the noodles)|
|3 pieces||Seaweed, (dried, kombu)|
- Remove the vermicelli from the packet. Remove the strings if any, then put into a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Using a pair of tongs in one hand, cut the noodles with scissors. Drain when soft.
- Clean the clams then put into a saucepan with the wine, onion, lemon and coriander seeds. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- They will be cooked in approximately 3 minutes. Drain, reserve 1 cup of liquid and add with the clams to the vermicelli
- To make the ponzu sauce: simmer all the ingredients, then strain.
- Serve the noodles with the clams and spoon over the ponzu according to taste. Add fresh coriander and extra bonito flakes.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL