Shitake and bok choy soba
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|3 tsp||Garlic, finely chopped|
|3||Baby bok choy, (sliced)|
|300 g||Soba noodles|
|¼ cup||Fresh ginger, (peeled and cut into fine slivers)|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|2 tsp||White miso paste|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Rice wine|
|1 tsp||Caster sugar|
|1 quill||Lemon, (juice of)|
- Slice the mushrooms. Heat a frypan and add the peanut oil and garlic then the slices of shitake. Cook until golden then remove.
- Add the sliced bok choy and stir until wilted but slightly firm.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Fry the ginger briefly in the hot oil until golden, then drain on paper towels.
- To make the dressing; combine ingredients and whisk to dissolve sugar.
- Serve the noodles with the shitake and bok choy. Spoon over the dressing and top with the fried crispy ginger.
Look out for fresh shitake mushrooms but if they are hard to find, packets of dried ones are readily available in Asian food stores. Pour boiling water over and leave to soften before draining and using.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL